Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ten Reasons Why I Rock As An Aunt

I learned how to be an aunt from some really amazing women. I learned how to cook, entertain, craft and play games. They showed me how to spoil my nieces and nephews. From my aunts I learned different perspectives on life, and caught glimpses into different circumstances. I saw the fun some of them had interacting together as sisters and sister-in-laws, and I saw conflict between them as well. All of these things have influenced the way I treat my nieces and nephews.

So here are ten reasons that my nephews and nieces love coming over to my house, and love it when I show up at theirs.

  1. I have a fridge full of Coke.
  2. Cookie dough is a food group at Aunt Lindsays.
  3. Aunt Lindsay has a WII and a projector and surround sound.
  4. Foosball, air hockey and a play area full of toys in the basement.
  5. The craft cupboard is always full of supplies.
  6. The philosophy at our house is "if you go home hungry it's your own fault."
  7. Aunt Lindsay doesn't snitch.
  8. I rarely yell at the kids unless they are in danger or destroying something.
  9. I love my nieces and nephews and them to know that above anything else.
  10. Who else are you going to go to when planning a prank or caper? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment