I learned how to be an aunt from some really amazing women. I learned how to cook, entertain, craft and play games. They showed me how to spoil my nieces and nephews. From my aunts I learned different perspectives on life, and caught glimpses into different circumstances. I saw the fun some of them had interacting together as sisters and sister-in-laws, and I saw conflict between them as well. All of these things have influenced the way I treat my nieces and nephews.
So here are ten reasons that my nephews and nieces love coming over to my house, and love it when I show up at theirs.
- I have a fridge full of Coke.
- Cookie dough is a food group at Aunt Lindsays.
- Aunt Lindsay has a WII and a projector and surround sound.
- Foosball, air hockey and a play area full of toys in the basement.
- The craft cupboard is always full of supplies.
- The philosophy at our house is "if you go home hungry it's your own fault."
- Aunt Lindsay doesn't snitch.
- I rarely yell at the kids unless they are in danger or destroying something.
- I love my nieces and nephews and them to know that above anything else.
- Who else are you going to go to when planning a prank or caper? Seriously.