Saturday, May 15, 2010

BUI (Or Help I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Get Up)

Lortab makes you wonky. I'm only taking half a pill, and I'm still getting pretty loopy. According to the doctor my sacrosiliac joint is out of place. So it's off to the chiropractor again.

This whole thing started on Mother's Day when I bent slightly to pick something up out of the recliner. Twinge, spasm, zap, pow and my back was out. After calling to my husband to come help me straighten up, we iced it and I hobbled around for the rest of the day. After a visit to the chiropractor, pain meds and a few days of taking it easy, it felt better. Until today, when I tried to get a yogurt out of the fridge and it happened again. Only this time it was worse and I ended up laying on the kitchen floor for 15 minutes while H fretted about what to do. She decided we needed to call Daddy, except he was on an airplane and it wouldn't do any good.

After a bit of a rest and a few bitten back swear words I made it to the recliner and called my dad to come help me. After almost passing out from having a pain pill on an empty stomach, we managed to make it to the doctor.

So here I am sitting in my recliner, watching tv and being thankful that my husband bought me a netbook so I can at least Google my condition and keep up on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment